In general, neutral bedroom decorating is the safest way to have a classic bedroom design. Neutral bedroom design can be achieved through simple changes to the bedroom color scheme and through matching accessories and furnishings. There are also some very interesting ways to create neutral bedroom decorating that don’t require making drastic changes to your bedroom decor. Here are some interesting bedroom design ideas you might like to consider.
* Find neutral colors for your bedroom furniture. When it comes to bedroom decorating, finding bedroom furniture in muted tones or neutrals is the best idea. Some of the most popular neutral colors for bedroom furniture include beige, brown, gray, black, white, beige, tan, taupe, and beige. You can find and buy all these shades in bedroom design stores or on the Internet.
* Use neutral drapes and blinds. Choosing neutral curtains and blinds to help bring the bedroom design to life. Blinds made of woven wood, light plastic, or canvas woven with cotton can all work well in a neutral bedroom. Blinds may be placed to one side or over the window to open the room up and let natural sunlight in. Using a valance at the top of the window, with an arching window treatment and fabric covered blinds give you class and timeless style that will look good with practically any bedroom decorating scheme. If you have a bedroom with an archway, adding a fabric covered blind with a simple floral pattern works well as a focal point.
* Furniture should be neutral, as well. Bedroom furniture made of solid wood and in earth tones are both very classic and very versatile. This means you can use any neutral tone for bedroom decorating, so feel free to mix and match.
* Picture frames and picture hanging are great accessories for your bedroom. Hang a large picture from the bedroom wall and make it a focal point by arranging the elements of the frame around the photo. Framed magazines on a shelf are another option. Try using old greeting cards that you no longer want, wrapped and placed in glassine envelopes. You can also use unique items as accessories to your bedroom decorating. A unique wooden or metal storage box that you keep filled with potpourri will help add some color and a unique item to the bedroom design.
* Use neutral lighting in the bedroom. In the bedroom, natural light can help bring your bedroom decorating theme to life. Choose lighting that is dimmable or battery operated. A small night lamp on your bedside table or dresser is also a great addition. As you bedroom decorating theme comes to life, so can your light fixtures and furnishings.
* Keep in mind that you bedroom decorating plan should include storage. Nothing is more frustrating in bedroom decorating than having to move furniture half way across the room because of a storage problem. Use storage to keep clutter out of the bedroom. If you do not have enough closet space, consider purchasing an inexpensive children’s dresser that doubles as a chest of drawers.
In bedroom decorating, the bedroom is a room of personal choice. Make sure to decorate your bedroom to reflect your personality. Remember that when you decorate your bedroom, the rest of the house is going to reflect your taste. Give each room a similar design look throughout the house in order to get a well-balanced bedroom design. Finally, remember to choose colors that you love.
* Bedroom design doesn’t have to stop with color selection. The focal point in bedroom decorating should be the bed. Make sure the bed reflects your personal style. If you are interested in earth tones, choose browns and greens that complement your bedroom furniture color choices.
* Don’t forget mirrors in your bedroom decorating plans. Mirrors help reflect the bedroom colors and they also provide a way to introduce a design element into the bedroom. A simple wall mirror placed on the bedroom wall will provide you with illumination and make your bedroom design pop. A large bedroom mirror is ideal if you want to add some depth to your bedroom decorating scheme. This mirror can also serve as a decorative piece.
Your bedroom decorating plans need to include lots of window dressing. Use blinds and curtains to frame windows and let the light shine in. Remember that warm colors and soothing colors are the perfect bedroom decorating scheme.